Whether you're working under the dashboard of a car, under the hood of a truck, or just trying to give your motorcycle a tune-up, the STEELMAN 55497 8-Piece 1/4-Inch and 3/8-Inch Drive Star Bit Socket Set will help you get the job done. The rugged star / Torx bit heads are machined from high-strength S2 steel to prevent them twisting and deforming under high loads. The heads are permanently set into durable chrome vanadium steel sockets, each with a rust and corrosion resistant, high polish chrome finish. For easy identification, each socket has easy to read size markings hard stamped into the steel that won't wear or fade away. This set includes five 1/4-inch drive sockets for finer, more precision jobs, and three 3/8-inch sockets to help provide the necessary torque to deal with even the most stubborn fasteners. The 1/4-inch drive sockets have T15, T20, T25, T27, and T30 size heads while the 3/8-inch drive sockets have T40, T45, and T50 size heads. To keep them securely attached to ratchets, extension bars, and adapters, each socket features a ball detent recess on the drive end and to ensure maximum torque transfer, the drive ends also have corner recesses that transmit applied force to the flats instead of focusing on the corners which can lead to slippage, rounding, and premature tool failure. Designed and constructed to meet or exceed ASME tool performance standards, these tools can stand up to the rigors of any professional workshop while being just as handy in the home mechanic's garage.
- S2 STEEL BITS - Star bits are machined from high strength S2 steel to prevent twisting and deformation under high loads
- DURABLE SOCKETS - Sockets are made from cold forged and heat treated chrome vanadium steel with a corrosion resistant chrome finish
- 1/4-INCH SIZES - 1/4-Inch drive sizes include T15, T20, T25, T27, and T30 size star / Torx bit sockets
- 3/8-INCH SIZES - 3/8-Inch drive sizes include T40, T45, and T50 size star / Torx bit sockets
- BALL DETENT RECESS - A ball detent recess on the drive end helps hold the sockets securely onto ratchets, adapters, and extensions
- STAMPED MARKINGS - Sockets and hex bits have permanent stamped markings that are easy to read and won't fade or rub away
- EXCEEDS STANDARDS - Designed and constructed to exceed ASME tool performance standards