Every mechanic knows that having a reliable set of tools can make your life easier when working on heavy-duty vehicles and equipment. The STEELMAN 60488 1/2-Inch Drive x 1-Inch 6-Point Deep Impact Socket is ideal for use in performing maintenance, repairs and service on cars, trucks, farming and industrial equipment and many more. Made from drop forged and heat treated chromoly steel, this socket features a ball detent recess on the 1/2-inch drive end to help hold it securely onto ratchets, air wrenches, adapters, and extensions. The 6-point shape grips the sides of fasteners and not the corners, reducing wear and the chance of rounding the fastener. The deep well design allows the socket to easily reach nuts on extended threads and recessed bolts. The socket features a rust and corrosion resistant black oxide protective coating with laser etched size callouts and markings. Rated to withstand up to 150% of ASME torque requirements for impact tools, this socket can handle tough use in any professional shop / garage, home workshop, or on the work site.
- 1/2-INCH DRIVE - 1/2-inch drive x 1-inch impact socket ideal for heavy-duty industrial, automotive, and construction use
- DURABLE STEEL TOOL - This SAE socket is made from drop forged, heat-treated chromoly steel for long lasting durability
- CORROSION RESISTANT - Socket features a rust and corrosion resistant black oxide protective coating
- LASER ETCHED - Socket has laser etched size markings and callouts that are easy to read and won't fade or rub away
- 6-POINT DESIGN- 6-Point socket design grips the sides of fasteners, not corners, reducing the chance of wear or rounding
- BALL DETENT RECESS - A ball detent recess on the drive end helps secure the socket onto ratchets, adapters, and extensions
- EXCEEDS REQUIREMENTS - Rated to withstand up to 150% of ASME torque requirements for impact grade tools