M6-1.0 Metric Split Die Thread Chaser
Having to repair damaged bolt threads can be aggravating to start with but when the die ends up cross threading the bolt it can lead to lost time and more costly repairs. The STEELMAN 60756 M6-1.0 Metric Split Die Thread Chaser is designed to remove the worry of cross threading by allowing repairs to begin behind damaged threads. By starting the repair on undamaged threads you can ensure a continuous repair that is perfectly aligned with the original threads. Made of hardened high carbon and chromium steel, this tool features dual indexing pins that ensure correct tooth alignment and hold the tool straight and secure during use. With an outer diameter of 1-inch, this hex shaped thread repair tool can be used with any 1-inch SAE socket, adjustable wrench, or combination wrench. Designed to meet or exceed 150% of ASME torque requirements, this tool will last for years of reliable use in any professional or home garage / workshop. WARNING: To prevent damage to bolt threads, only use dies with hand-driven tools. Using dies with air, electric, or hydraulic power tools will void warranty.
- REPAIR DAMAGED THREADS - Repair damaged threads on 6mm diameter bolts used in cars, trucks, machinery, motorcycles, and more
- PREVENT CROSS THREADING - Split die design allows repairs to start behind damage to eliminate the chance of cross threading
- THREAD SIZE - Tool fits M6-1.0 metric threaded bolts and fasteners on cars, trucks, farm and industrial equipment, and more
- HARDENED STEEL - Made of heat treated and hardened SKD11 high carbon and chromium alloy steel
- INDEXING PINS - Indexing pins connect the die sections together keeping them straight and secure during use
- 1-INCH DIAMETER - Hex shaped die can be used with either a 1-inch deep socket, or a 1-inch combination or end wrench
- DURABLE - Designed to meet or exceed 150% of ASME torque requirements to allow for a lifetime of dependable use
- WARNING - Use die with hand ratchets and wenches only, any power tool use may cause damage to threads and voids warranty
country of origin
United States of America
Lifetime Limited Warranty
Where to Buy
Our site participates in using affiliate links through several affiliate programs. Affiliate links earn us commission fees by linking to sites like Amazon.com and Newegg.com.
No reviews have been posted yet. Please don't hesitate to share Your opinion and write the first review!