Whether you're working on a car or assembling furniture, the STEELMAN 55482 3/8-Inch Drive x 1/8-Inch SAE Hex Bit Socket delivers the dependable grip you need. With a hex bit machined from high-strength S2 steel to prevent twisting and deformation of the socket under high loads set into a durable chrome vanadium steel socket, this tool is designed for long-term service. For easy identification, the socket has easy to read size markings permanently stamped into the steel that won't wear or fade away. To keep securely attached to ratchets, extension bars, and adapters, this socket features a ball detent recess on the drive end and to ensure maximum torque transfer. The drive end is also designed with corner recesses that transmit applied force to the flats instead of focusing on the corners which can lead to slippage, rounding, and premature tool failure. Designed and constructed to meet or exceed ASME tool performance standards, this tool can stand up to the rigors of any professional workshop while being just as handy in the home mechanic's garage.
- TIP TYPE - Bit socket has a 1/8-inch hex tip and is mounted in a 3/8-inch drive socket
- S2 STEEL BIT - Hex bit is machined from high strength S2 steel to prevent twisting and deformation under high loads
- DURABLE SOCKET - Socket is made from cold forged and heat treated chrome vanadium steel with a corrosion resistant chrome finish
- BALL DETENT RECESS - A ball detent recess on the drive end helps hold the socket securely onto ratchets, adapters, and extensions
- STAMPED MARKINGS - Socket and hex bit both have permanent stamped markings that are easy to read and won't fade or rub away
- CORNER RECESSES - Corner recesses on drive end ensures torque is transmitted to the flats instead of the corners to reduce slippage and rounding
- EXCEEDS STANDARDS - Designed and constructed to exceed ASME tool performance standards