If you need a socket you can depend on, be sure to find a home in your toolbox for the STEELMAN PRO 78410 1/4-Inch Drive x 1/2-Inch Deep Well 6-Point SAE Socket. Constructed of heavy-duty heat-treated chrome vanadium steel, this socket has the strength required for high torque jobs and will fit onto any 1/4-inch drive ratchet, torque wrench, extension bar, or adapter. The socket features rust and corrosion-resistant high polish chrome finish that not only looks good but is easy to wipe clean of dirt, oil, and grime. The socket's 6-point design grips the sides of fasteners and not the corners, reducing wear and the chance of slippage or rounding the fastener. The deep well design also allows the socket to more easily access recessed nuts as well as those mounted to extended bolt studs. Easy-to-read size markings are laser etched onto the steel making it simple to identify the socket you need without the worry that the markings will wear away or rub off with use. Rated to meet or exceed ANSI / ASME performance requirements for hand tools, this socket can handle tough use, whether it is in the professional garage fixing car engines or at home repairing furniture and appliances.
- SOCKET SIZE - 1/4-Inch drive x 1/2-inch SAE / standard socket
- DURABLE STEEL - Socket is made from heat-treated chrome vanadium steel for long-lasting durability
- 6-POINT SOCKETS - 6-Point design grips fastener sides, not corners to reduce wear and rounding
- DEEP ACCESS - Deep-well design allows easier access to nuts on extended bolt studs
- CORROSION RESISTANT - High polish chrome finish resists rust and corrosion and easily wipes clean
- PERMANENT MARKINGS - Easy to read size markings are laser etched into the steel and won't fade away or rub off
- BALL DETENT RECESS - Ball detent recess on drive end secures snugly onto ratchets, adapters, and extensions